Re: [Nbd] Proposal to merge WRITE_ZEROES extension into master

Eric,

> On 14 Dec 2016, at 21:03, Eric Blake <eblake@...696...> wrote:
>
> Okay, I've cloned gondbserver sources, but I've never compiled a Go
> project before.  How do I get an executable server that I can then point
> the qemu 2.8 client at, to test interoperability?

go build

should give you a binary in the current directory.

(though I'd presumed you'd test qemu against the reference server
implementation, which is possibly easier)

> Are you available on a particular IRC chat channel, so I can coordinate
> some of this testing without clogging the mailing list?  For example,
> I'm eblake on freenode's #kvm channel.

Sure. I'm normally alexbligh or alexbligh1 on freenode or OFTC (where I'm
on #qemu). However I'm travelling Thurs through lands of little
connectivity. I'll try to remember to leave the IRC client running when
I'm back in the land of connectivity.

--
Alex Bligh