Re: [Nbd] buildbot

Hi,

op 13-01-14 20:52, Wouter Verhelst schreef:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've just set up a buildbot instance to automatically  run nbd's test
> suite on a number of architectures when I commit something, and added
> three architectures so far (Linux/ARM, FreeBSD/x86_64, and
> Linux/x86_64). I'm planning to add at least a PowerPC buildslave too,
> but that might not be for today anymore.

So, that's been done.

> This has already uncovered a few bugs in FreeBSD, which have now been
> fixed :-)
>
> You'll note that it also lists the ARM target as failing. I knew that
> (it happens with 3.6, too, and that's been failing in my Debian
> uploads), but I haven't found the exact issue yet (it looks like memory
> corruption somewhere). If anyone wants to help debug that, that would be
> greatly appreciated.

Never mind that. The issue was that sizeof(off_t) is variable on 32bit
machines depending on whether the LFS defines are set when <sys/types.h>
is included, and they weren't set in nbdsrv.c while they were in
nbd-server.c. Oops.

Anyway, hopefully the buildbot instance will now catch that kind of
architecture-specific bugs, and this'll be fixed for 3.7

> Meanwhile, the buildbot instance is at http://barbershop.grep.be:8010/.

With Linux/powerpc, Linux/arm, Linux/x86_64, and FreeBSD/x86_64, I now
have a fairly wide variety of build hosts there. If anyone can come up
with something that isn't yet covered (and has the hardware and cpu
cycles to spare), I'm sure we can add that too...

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/