Re: [Nbd] 3.12 BUG() on ext4, kernel crash on nbd-client when nbd server rebooting

Op 19-11-13 20:33, Paul Clements schreef:
>     > Anything specific that would make it easier from your perspective?
>      One
>     > thought is to have SET_FLAGS fail when an unknown flag is passed. Or
>     > say a get_capabilities() type call?
>
>     A get_capabilities() would be most useful, yes.
>

> Anything besides supported flags that the client needs to know? Or are
> we really maybe just talking about a GET_FLAGS ioctl or other (possibly
> sysfs) advertisement of flags?

That sounds even better, since that will allow me to detect whether the
capabilities thing is supported without having to call a (possibly
nonexisting) ioctl(), simply by checking for the existence of a file.

also, I don't think there will ever be something which we might want to
know about which wouldn't be possible to express through the use of flags...

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/