Re: [Nbd] 3.12 BUG() on ext4, kernel crash on nbd-client when nbd server rebooting

Op 18-11-13 23:17, Paul Clements schreef:
[...]
> Right, some rearrangement of the ioctls would be required too...we'd
> probably want alternate versions of SET_SOCK and DO_IT that are
> re-entrant (right now those will error on an already-configured device,
> and they're doing some setup and teardown that is unneeded in the
> reconnect case).

Since all this is a significant departure of the current API, I suppose
it would be good if there would be a way for the client to detect what
the currently-running kernel supports, without having to resort to
things like calling 'uname -r' (or equivalent in C code) or extensive
error handling based on "that ioctl isn't supported, so let's fall back
to previous API versions."

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/