Re: [Nbd] NBD report error

Hi,

On 10-05-13 07:18, harryxiyou wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use nbd-2.9.15 and Linux kernel version is 3.5.0. The errors are
> like following.
>
> nbd-server:
> ** Message: connect from 127.0.0.1, assigned file is (null)
> ** Message: Authorized client
> ** Message: Starting to serve
> Error: Failed/5:Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> Exiting.
> ** Message: Child exited with 1
>
> dmesg outputs:
> [245826.049068] block nbd1: Receive control failed (result -32)
> [245826.049129] block nbd1: shutting down socket
> [245826.049179] block nbd1: queue cleared
>

> I find the error report messages in nbd-server.c like this.
> [...]
>          while((pid=waitpid(-1, &status, WNOHANG)) > 0) {
>                  if(WIFEXITED(status)) {
>                          msg3(LOG_INFO, "Child exited with %d",
> WEXITSTATUS(status));
>                  }
>
> [...]

That's not the actual problem. This is just the child process exiting,
which the server then logs. That's perfecty normal.

Your actual problem is in the "Error: Failed/5: Resource temporarily
unavailable". Which *really* is written as "Error: Negotiation failed/5:
Resource temporarily unavailable". It would help if you copy-pasted
error messages *as is*, rather than trying to mangle them for no
particularly good reason; that isn't helpful.

Anyway.

That error message points at an unexpected loss of connection when
nbd-server tries to read something from the client. Since the dmesg
output shows something similar, my guess is that there's a firewall of
sorts interfering with your connection.

Regards,

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/