Re: [Nbd] ndb 2.8.4 - nbd.h not found

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 03:46:09PM -0400, Daniel Pollack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Yes, I know. I *need* that list of defines, and the entire program that
> > follows. Please send it. Or better yet, put the entire and unmodified
> > config.log up on the Internet, and send a pointer to it. That would give
> > me everything I need.
>
> Sorry. The log is at
>
> http://www.panix.com/~dpollack/nbd-284_config.log.gz

Ah, that's what's happening.

There are two occasions of it failing. The first time, it says that it
can't find nbd.h, but then it's looking for nbd.h in the current
directory. This is expected to fail, unless you manually put an nbd.h
there.

The second time, it tries /usr/include/linux/nbd.h, and it finds that
one. However, it would appear that that version is too old. You can
easily verify that by running

grep 'NBD_CMD_DISC' /usr/include/linux/nbd.h

which should return

	NBD_CMD_DISC = 2

as its output. It won't on your system, so you need to fix that.
Download the kernel source for a 2.6 kernel, get the nbd.h from the
include/linux directory, and put it with your unpacked nbd source (no
need to replace /usr/include/linux/nbd.h). If you then rerun configure,
it should work.

--
Fun will now commence