Re: setlocale warnings.

Note that a WARNING result is not  a failure, its flagging information
about the test interface, there is a "grey area" here,
where the specification is thought to be unclear or existing
behavior may interpret it differently. In this case
existing UNIX systems return the empty string in this case,
and  have done so going back to at least XPG3

It is being addressed in technical corrigendum #1 to
SUSv3 . I quote below from the unapproved draft

120     Change Number:  XBD/TC1/D1/9 [XBD ERN 21]

121     On Page: 244  Line: 8586  Section: langinfo.h (CRNCYSTR)

122     Change from:

123      "Local currency symbol, preceded by '-' if the symbol
124      should appear before the value, '+' if the symbol should
125      appear after the value, or '.' if the symbol should replace
126      the radix character."

127     to:

128      "Local currency symbol, preceded by '-' if the symbol
129      should appear before the value, '+' if the symbol should
130      appear after the value, or '.' if the symbol should replace
131      the radix character. If the local currency symbol is the
132      empty string implementations may return the empty string ("")."

133     Rationale:

134      The addition of the last sentence has been made to accomodate historic
135      practise.  This is an application visible change. Implementations may
136      choose either behavior. Applications should allow for the empty string
137      to be returned.

regards
Andrew