question on some test results

I have a few oddities remaining in my LSB-si results.

These are interesting since the underlying platform
is basically LSB-conforming (only "fail" is 1 unresolved -
a problem with LSB.os/files/dev_tty/T.dev_tty claiming
child was terminated by a SIGHUP); and the libc sources
for the functions under test appear to be the same.

Remember, the LSB-si runs under a chroot.

Four of the syslog tests fail on this i386 platform -
5, 6, 7, 8.  The error is that there is extra text
in front (date host test:) of the expected text.
I'm not sure how this can be different than on the
underlying system....

getlogin 1 fails, claiming it can't find the entry.
I suspect this is the chroot problem, but the strange
thing is it is complaining about users 1000 and 1001
which are both in the LSB-si's password database.

mproctect 17 on ia64 fails,  because by default non-text
pages are not executable on Itanium.  I can supply an
incantation that is run on the test binary which should
change this, but I'm not sure that's the right approach.
Does the spec actually require executable data or stack
pages?

the LSB misc test 21 fails to change ownership using
the --from stuff.  Is this something to do with the
version of chown (i.e., fileutils)?

msync 7 fails by not failing