Re: lsb-fhs test suite failures

hi Chris
Since this would affect certification I think a LSB Certification
problem report needs to be filed . My reading of the
FHS is that is a requirement, since it makes no sense to
to have a negative recommended practise (should not), but does
make sense to read that as "shall not". Whether or not that is sensible
is another matter.

By having a problem report on the record, we can get an official resolution,
and record the issue if it is a specification issue (which I suspect
it is).  I'd recommend filing it as a spec problem in the gLSB (which
refers to the FHS), you can use
the lsb-runtime for IA32 as the test suite, but note that the problem
is being encountered on other architectures but could apply to IA32 systems
potentially also.

Btw is the allocated devices doc intended to be architecture neutral?

regards
Andrew