testing gzip (was: donating test cases)

> In the case of the LSB-FHS test suite, the test specification is based
> on the FHS 2.0 specification, see www.pathname.com, as modified by the
> requirements placed by the LSB specification (for example LSB mandates
> presence of the X Window system which is optional in the FHS).

Speaking of LSB-fhs....

As of right now, root/bin/bin-tc (testcases 47/48)
test for the existence of two links to gzip,
gunzip and zcat.

I realize there was some debate about the
zcat link in the spec authority meeting yesterday,
but disregarding that,

the test is requiring both links to be hard links,
yet I see no wording anywhere that requires that
to be the case, a symlink should also be legal.

If the test were to do `ls -Li' instead of
`ls -i' in determining the inode number, it
would work in either case.  Is this a reasonable
change? Alternatively, the algorithm used
elsewhere (test for symlink, then test for hard
link) could also be used.

Secondly, the error message in tp47 is wrong,
it's testing for gunzip but reports that zcat
is not correct...if SF ever answers, I'll file
a bug on that one.

Mats