problems with usergroups/T.misc test

What this is trying to do is set the password of OTHER_USER to the contents
of the test file (the new password should be 'testing').  The problem is passwd
complains that 'testing' is too simple a password so it expects to hear the
password 3 times not twice like the command tries.

my test.passwd now contains:
<quote>
testing
testing
testing

</quote>

note the trailing new line and the test succeeds.

Another option would be to use a password that it won't complain about so the
default twice works.

What I find most odd about this problem is different people seem to get
different results.  We are running the test suite in a chroot of a system I
have created.  When the chroot is established on a RH box all is well.  I use a
Debian system for development and get the above behaviour.