Re: tar: minor POSIX incompliance

The choice of utility used by the test suite is user defined and set in
the TESTROOT/BIN/*.sh scripts. You may choose pax.

Install scripts into TESTROOT/BIN..? [y]

The test suites require the generation of certain files.
This can be done using either cpio and tar together or pax.
pax is the most POSIX compliant program but may not be installed
by default on your system. If you do not use pax you can expect
to see more test failures.

Use pax..? [y]

regards
Andrew