Re: LSB Certification Pilot Questionnaire

George and others:

A couple minor changes. (See below)

> George Kraft IV wrote:
>
> It was brought to my attention that the pilot questionnare was to be
> a single
> form used for application, distribution, and build environment.  So,
> attached is
> a new "certificaiton pilot questionnare".  Please review...
>
> Thanks,
>
> George (gk4)
>
>    --------------------------------------------------------------
>
> LSB Certification Pilot Questionnaire
>
> The enclosed information is requested for applicants wishing to
> participate in the LSB Certification Pilot.  This information is to
> be sent in confidence to lsb-compliance@lists.sourceforge.net where
> the information will be reviewed by the LSB test team.   The pilot
> is intended for the applicant to understand their level of LSB
> compliance before certification, and for the LSB to resolve any
> issues prior to the certification program.

> Vital Information
>
>  Technical Contact Name
>  Technical Contact Email Address
>  Technical Contact Telephone
>  Number
>  Marketing Contact Name
>  Marketing Contact Email Adress
>  Marketing Contact Telephone
>  Number
>  Company Name
>  Product Name
>  Product Description
>  Product Version Number
>  Architecture                     IA32

> Area of Interest
>
> Is your participation in the LSB Certification Pilot related to:

Do they answer with all that apply or file out a form for each and
every item they wish to work on?

>     YES/NO) LSB Application
>
>     YES/NO) LSB Runtime Distribution
>
>     YES/NO) LSB Build Environment

> LSB Application Questionnaire
>
> Runtime Linker
>
> Cut-n-Paste output from ldd(1)
>
> Application Checker
>
> Cut-n-Paste output from lsbappchk(1)
>
> FHS Checklist
>
> Cut-n-Paste questions and answers from the FHS Checklist
>
> Linux Distribution Testing
>
> In addition to testing on the Sample Implementation, list at least
> two different  LSB distributions [or successful pilot distributions]
> on which the applicant warrants the application works correctly.
>
> Packaging
>
> YES/NO, the above describe application program is packaged in the
> RPM v3 file format at specified by the LSB written specification.
                     ^^
                     as

> LSB Application Conformance
>
> YES/NO, the applicant agrees the above described application program
> adheres to LSB Application Conformance  as outlined in the LSB
> Written Specification.

> LSB Distribution Questionnaire
>
> Binary Behavior Tests
>
> Accompany this form with the "journal output" from an uninterrupted
> run of the binary version of the LSB test suites. For each test
> suite, the applicant is to disclose any FAIL, UNRESOLVED, UNREPORTED
> or UNINITIATED results set out in table form with their associated
> granted interpretations from the waivers database, or justification
> for a waiver. Plain-text format is preferred.
>
> ABI Existence Tests
>
> Cut-n-Paste output from lsblibchk(1) to determine existence of all
> LSB defined ABIs.
>
> Runtime Linker
>
> YES/NO, the applicant's Linux distribution provides the LSB's
> ld-lsb.so runtime linker.
>
> Application Dependency
>
> YES/NO, the applicant's Linux distribution provides the "lsb"
> package to satisfy the primary LSB application dependency.
>
> Application Testing
>
> List at least two different LSB applications, from the LSB
> application battery, on which the applicant warrants the
                       ^^^^^^^^
                        which (remove the on)

> distribution supports correctly.
>
> Handling Packages
>
> YES/NO, the applicant's Linux distribution can read and install RPM
> v3 formatted packages.
>
> LSB Implementation Conformance
>
> YES/NO, the applicant agrees the above described Linux distribution
> adheres to the LSB Implementation Conformance as outlined in the LSB
> Written Specification.

> LSB Build Environment Questionnaire
>
> Headers
>
> Cut-n-Paste output from lsbdevchk(1) to determine existence of all
> LSB defined header definitions.
>
> Libraries
>
> YES/NO, the applicant's bulid environment provides stub-libraries of
                          ^^^^^
                          build

> the versioned ABIs, and cut-n-Pate output from lsblibchk(1) to
> determine existence of all LSB defined ABIs.
>
> Runtime Linker
>
> YES/NO, the applicant's build environment provides the LSB's
> ld-lsb.so runtime linker.
>
> Packaging
>
> YES/NO, the applicant's Linux distribution can create RPM v3
                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                environment (What if is not a
distribution)

> formatted packages.
>
> LSB Implementation Conformance
>
> YES/NO, the applicant agrees the above described  build environment
> adheres to the LSB Implementation Conformance as outlined in the LSB
> Written Specification.

> Terms & Conditions
>
> YED/NO, the applicant agrees that the LSB Certification Pilot
  ^^^
   YES

> program is non-binding and is provided for evaluation by LSB
> developers & participants, and the applicants in the program shall
> not make any claims of LSB Certification .

> All non-confidential issues should be directed to the
> lsb-test@lists.linuxbase.org forum.

Doug
--
Douglas B. Beattie