Re: lsb-distribution-test-1.0-1

Stew Benedict writes:

> I've tried both by just linking /lib/ld-lsb.so.1 to /lib/ld-linux.so.2 and
> with a set of lsb libraries in place, with the same result.  The
> journal/report doesn't show anything unusual for these other than the test
> fails. Any suggestions?

I've had a look at this and it appears to be a bug caused by the way
the test suites are compiled (using lsbdev). One of the utilities for
the usersgroups test suite uses getspnam which is not an LSB
interface. This is true for a few binaries in the test suite and to
get around it I compiled those specific interfaces
statically. Unfortunately this doesn't appear to work properly for
getspnam.

If no one else has a better idea then we'll probably have to compile
this utility with getspnam dynamically linked (which of course will
mean its not LSB compliant). In practice I don't envisage any
compatability problems with this approach. Comments anyone?

Chris
--
cyeoh@au.ibm.com
IBM OzLabs Linux Development Group