Re: Question on LSB-os and SuSE 7.2

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Stephanie Glass wrote:

> Does anyone know why if I try and run LSB-os test suite on SuSE 7.2 it
> hangs on T.mmap, T.munmap and T.munmap_P? On two different machines it
> actual corrupts the file system (EXT2) on a third machine it only hangs
> there and you have to reboot the system to do anything else on it. I
> have taken T.mmap, T.munmap and T.munmap_P test cases from their
> directories. But each time requires that I reboot the system (usually
> having to run fsck -f), then remove the test cases and start all over so
> it has been very slow. Since it then stops just a little further along.
> I still haven't made it through the entire test suite.
>
> This does not happen on RedHat 7.1 when I run the same test suite on it
> taking the same defaults. Any suggestions?

This is very odd. Have you tried to update the kernel RPM? Please give the
kernels available at

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/7.2/kernel/2.4.7/

a try. Don't forget to run "mk_initrd && lilo" after installing the RPM.

Feel free to contact me directly, if you have any further
questions/problems with SuSE Linux. Thanks!

Bye,
	LenZ
 Lenz Grimmer                                           SuSE GmbH
 mailto:grimmer@suse.de                       Schanzaeckerstr. 10
 http://www.suse.de/~grimmer/            90443 Nuernberg, Germany
                  Parking is such street sorrow.