cleanup /tmp before or after tests?

I found out the mmap failures we were experiencing were due to files left
in /tmp from a previous test run:

-rwxrwxrwx    1 vsx0     vsxg0        8192 Dec 20 19:40 vsrt_mmap*
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     vsxg0        8192 Dec 20 19:40 vsrt_msync*

(This was after a successful test run - not the ones I manually deleted)

I only found this out by running one of the tests by hand with strace.
Would it be appropriate to check for this before running the test sets, as
part of the script, and removing the files?

Stew Benedict

--
MandrakeSoft	OH/TN, USA	http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~sbenedict/
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/PPC/FAQ/