Re: possible test setup problem (LSB-OS)

hi Chris
I'll get some of the specifics later related to ftok. This does however
bring up an area where Linux is diverging from future POSIX
and the Single UNIX Specification in the definition of PATH_MAX.

This did not show up previously since we were running the tests in POSIX
mode, and POSIX has long had an ambiguity in the area about whether
the null byte is included in the PATH_MAX (it basically said both ways
in the 1990 text). The POSIX.1a draft (the amendment to POSIX.1-1990)
and XPG4 went with including the null byte in PATH_MAX, and the POSIX
1003.1-200x revision (Austin Group) and Single UNIX Specification Version
3 also continue this way.

When running in UNIX 98 mode, we pick up the XPG4 direction. This
will also be the future POSIX.1 mode when we revise the tests for
our Westwood release (for POSIX.1-2001 and SUSv3).
regards
Andrew