two questions

Hi there,

Let me ask two questions below.

1. Testcases of the terminal related commands

My first question is about testcases of the terminal related commands.
I think that some of the terminal related commands are difficult
to test automatically.

For example, the vim(vi) command has a command option '-s <scriptin>'
for reading any external script files. If we use this option, we can
test it automatically. However, it is an extended option of vim(vi)
command which is not defined in the specification (*1).
Therefore, we can not assume this option.

Similarly, I think there is some commands besides vim(vi),
such as ex/ed/emacs/xterm commands.

So, are there any tools or utilities for testing such these commands
automatically in LSB-COMMANDS or the other LSB Test Suites ?
Or, any ideas ?

Note)
(*1): "Commands and Utilities", Single UNIX Specification, Version 2

2. Relation with other tests
============================

Another question is about the relation between LSB Test Suites and the
other external test programs. For example, glibc has an internal test
program by itself. So, it means that two or more same tests may exist
by LSB and glibc.

In short, my question is how does it treat about the relation
with the other external test programs, such as glibc ?

Thanks in advance,
Masahide Washizawa
  AP Linux Competency Center, Yamato Software Lab., IBM Japan
  E-Mail: washi@jp.ibm.com or washi@yamato.ibm.com