Re: Can VSX run with the newest 2.4test kernels ?

Johannes Poehlmann writes:
> VSX Docs say:
> > If you are running the test suite on a 2.4test kernel you may
> > encounter a kernel lock up and file system corruption.  This has been
> > verified on 2.4test-1 and 2.4test-2 kernels.  Later kernels may have
> > this problem fixed. You've been warned.
>
> Has somebody been adventurous enough to try VSX with later kernels
> and can share his experiences ?

Hi Johannes,

We've fixed the kernel bugs causing lockups and fs corruption whilst
running the test suites and the patches are in as of about
2.4-test6. I'll update the documentation. The latest kernels also have
fixes for a few other test failures as well.

Compared to the 2.2 kernels some failures have disappeared, some
changed in the way they fail and some new ones have appeared, but
overall there are less.

The last time I ran the tests (2.4test8-preX) there were about 35
failures, about half of which are probably due to glibc. I haven't
done any testing with the glibc2.2 beta (this really needs to be
done).

Regards,

Chris.