Re: FHS reqts on Applications

> Could this be generalized to a statement that allows certain concession to
> local administration policies? Would it be OK to allow an app to read from
> a broader area than it is allowed to write?

Take a look at what it says about web stuff. Now imagine your app is a large
content management system for web/ftp and other media services for 10,000
shell users each with their own domains. Tell me the current policy is going
to work out well.

(Yes I'm picking the extreme to show the point)

Maybe we need to define it so that we cover only the files the package
installs and config/logs etc (ie some kind of "user specific data used by the
application" type exemption) ?

Its a hard one