Re: C++ ...

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 12:23:31PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Matt writes:
> > Software vendors that develop proprietary applications that use Qt can
> > still enter into a licensing agreement with Troll Tech and bundle the
> > required libraries and files with their application.
>
> I see no reason why they could not also enter into licensing agreeements
> with TT that would permit them to dynamically link to Qt.

They may link dynamically to Qt, of course.  But remember that LSB
Compliant Applications can't depend on the system to provide any
interfaces or libraries that aren't specified by the LSB.  Since C++
(and thusly any library that uses C++) isn't yet included in the LSB,
the application will have to bring those libraries along with it.

> Don't forget that there will be Free Software authors who wish to
> distribute LSB applications.

Personally, I have yet to be convinced that the LSB makes an
interesting target for Free Software developers.  I certainly could be
wrong... ;-)

Cheers,

Matt