Re: gettext functions

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

> Why are the others absent?

No one vouched for them 8-).

> Intentional, or omission?

Probably somewhere in between.

> If the former, what are the reasons?

If we did not have an undelying specification of the interface, it may have
been left out. If nothing seemed to be using it, it may have been left out.

Towards the end of 1.0, it seemed easier to add something we missed, than to
remove somethiung that we shouldn't have added in the first place, so some
caution was used to not blindly add something if we weren't sure about it.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
5807 North Andrews Way                           129 Secret Cove Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.660.2500                              voice: 803.951.3630
http://www.metrolink.com/                        XFree86 Core Team