Re: Problems with dd and the keywords swab and sync

On Apr 19,  9:33am in "Re: Problems with dd", Stuart Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Dale Scheetz wrote:
>
> > Hmmm, this means that SUSv2 and SUSv3 differ on this issue. v2 clearly
> > says "ignore" the extra character, while v3 clearly says to deal with it.
> >
> > Can we reference SUSv3 in this spec? How do I do that?
>
> Only if it has been finalized & published.

Its at Sanity Review status at the moment, it has passed its
ballots at The Open Group and the IEEE, there is some way
to go at ISO , although we do not expect the words to change
now apart from editorial tidying and nitpicking.
These changes to dd were made as a result of official IEEE interpretations
against 1003.2 , you can also locate those in the online
interpretations database at www.pasc.org/interps/unofficial/db/
regards
Andrew