Re: runlevel configuration for init.d scripts - add a note to spec?

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

> We have this already, for example the portmap script from SuSE Linux 7.1:

> # Default-Start: 3 5
> # Default-Stop: 0 1 2 4 6
> The portmapper will only be started in runlevel 3 and 5, not in 2.

> You can trust install_initd if your header in the init script is correct.
> The tool mentioned above is for the sysadmin, if he wish to change it
> later.

OK. I misunderstood the specification. When I read about this tool I did
not remember the specification of the comment header in the scripts. I did
not think of the possibility that the runlevel comments would be used by
an installation program.

Maybe we should add a note at the description of the "install_initd"
program which makes clear that the comment header in the script is used to
determine where links have to be installed.

Bodo