Re: [PROPOSAL]drop LSB.usersgroups/commands/passwd/T.passwd 2

The current status is that the test is testing the specification,
this is always the touchstone guideline for test development.
Once we deviate from that, the program has little or no value.

To get this changed there needs to be a process put in place
that can rule on this perceived problem with the specification
I would suggest that the LSB establish an interpretations process,
and use a defect form such as the following

 						LSB Interpretation reference
								1.0  #nnn

	Interpretation Number:	nnn
	Topic:			passwd
	Relevant Sections:	X.Y

LSB Interpretation Request:
----------------------------

	From: __________
	Date: __________

 7  Defect Report concerning (number and title of specification
     if applicable):

Linux Standard Base, Generic Specification Version 1.0

 8  Qualifier (e.g. error, omission, clarification required):

1

Error=1 , Omission=2, Clarification=3

 9  References in document (e.g. page, clause, figure, and/or table
    numbers):

to be supplied

10  Nature of defect (complete, concise explanation of the perceived
    problem):

11  Solution proposed by the submitter (optional):

Interpretation response
need to be a set of guidelines regarding what can be said
in an interpretation, look at
	http://www.pasc.org/interps/
for an example of some guidelines. I expect LSB would need
some mods to this
regards
Andrew