Re: PROPOSED: 32/64 bit coexistance

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> writes:

> Previously Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > The proposal reduces this two to solutions: 'pure' 64-bit systems,
>> like Alpha and ia64, and also mixed systems, like Sparc64, PPC64,
>> x86-64.
>
> I'ld like to see a broader solution that also handles things like
> Linux with iBCS binary support (or any other emulation) instead
> of restricting it to just 32/64 bit differences.

I wouldn't mind to see a broader solution and I'd welcome others
contributing to this.

For myself as x86-64 developer, 32/64 bit is the problem I have now
and this is what I'd like to see solved.  It's also easier to find
consensus if we solve one problem after the other if possible. If you
see problems emulations in the proposal, please tell us.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de