Re: PROPOSED: 32/64 bit coexistance

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, George Kraft IV wrote:

> > > Thus we're suggesting that /lib is always a
> > > symbolic link to /lib32 to grant backward compatibility and new 64bit
> > > applications to use and install into /lib64.

It is really ugly, also if I do admitt it could be usefull.
But, what about the other stuff inside of /lib directory?

This sstuff should fully do under /lib32?

For example /lib/modules on alpha would have 64 bit modules inside...

I would suggest /lib to be a real directory, and inside of there libraries
should de sym links, but this solution is ugly too, and could be a little
confusing for unexperienced people.

So I have some esitation, but I do not have something better to propose.

Luigi