Re: more interfaces for the lsb spec

> gtty		minix system call, unimplemented in linux
> stty		minix system call, unimplemented in linux

minix ? umm V7 traditonal unix. Its obsolete. It was only in -lbsd with libc5
and the emulation cannot be complete

> ptrace		for debugging/development only

You can do a lot more with ptrace. Also please consider that ISV's products
include debuggers

> mount		system call should only be used by system programs
> umount		system call should only be used by system programs
> umount2		system call should only be used by system programs

So we are requiring installers shell out to do mounting of media. There are
also other cases where mount is essential, such as back up systems. Im
not sure which is the right choice

> Questionable:
> mknod		obvious, do we think applications call this directly?
> 		POSIX.1 ducked defining this.  Should we?

Xfree uses it for one. We also need to define mkfifo if we dont define
mknod.

> Malloc extensions, should probably remove
>
> memalign
> valloc

valloc is used in a _lot_ of BSD originated codebase and some SYS5. Its
just sort of useful.

> 	Defined in POSIX.2
> 	getopt

Our getopt isnt strictly posix compliant for sanity reasons, so that needs
noting. Also we want everyone to use the getopt_long stuff 8)