Re: should not specify default group for users

> Who's standard do we adopt?  Ninty-nine does not seem large enough for uid
> growth.  What about the gid range?

Customers want <100

> In addition to your admin uid <= 99 proposal, should there be an admin
> range for gids?

Customers want <100

Do we allocate a range very high in 32bit uid space as well ? Discuss 8)

> Being raised BSD in a SysV world, I've always assumed a umask of 022. :-)

Being raised in the non academic world I assume a umask of 077.

> With regard to the LSB specification we should be narrowly focused on the
> local filesystem and the POSIX APIs and not give much regard to NFS, AFS,
> DFS, or LDAP ACLs.  We should be concerned about the affects umask has on
> open, mkdir, chmod, and exec.  System admin's can do what ever they like;
> however, there should be a default behavior (ie., 022).

We should be narrowly focused. And when you consider the narrowness of focus
then we shouldnt be specifying this at all. It doesn't matter if I am right
or you are right - its end user policy, its going to vary and therefore
applications have to work regardless. Therefore we gain nothing but annoyed
users by specifying it..