Re: Feedback on Ted T'so's initscripts proposal

A related interesting question is what happens when a set of packages cause
a circular order dependancy. My immediate reaction was 'we say tough' but
on reflection it isnt a viable answer

What may be a valid ordering on Red Hat and Debian might suddenely not turn
out to be on Caldera. In addition installing any future package requires
recomputing the entire dependancy graph and may cause loops. Worse removing
a package might introduce a loop if it has to do things in its cleanup to
remove hooks