Re: Feedback on Ted T'so's initscripts proposal

> Stepping back: trying to engineer a new mechanism in a standards
> committee makes me nervous (as we have generally been taught that this
> is a Bad Idea - witness pthreads).  Just what problem are we trying to
> solve here?

Sorry to (partially) answer my own question, but I just remembered the
answer: if we don't do something new, then we have to standardize the
numbers - is it S10network or S20network?

I still might prefer this (closer to existing practice, simpler, &c),
but I haven't gone out and compared a bunch of distributions, or
thought too much about which entries need to be standardized (network
and portmap at least).