Re: Playing with the spec

>> Enclosed is a shell script that I used to download and install the
>> sgmltools for Redhat 6.2beta.   Also attached are the changes to the
>> makefile I used to build the spec.

>See the attached announcement. Please stop hacking on such
>distribution-specific things, there are already too many of these. An
>approach is underway to standardize that once and for all (that is: The
>environment for SGML/DocBook-processing tools on Unix or at least Linux).

I had difficulties building and installing the SGML sources from
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/docbook-tools/ and  http://www.sgmltools.org/.
So, per our discussion during the last LSB conference call I installed the
SGML RPMs found on Redhat 6.2beta.

It appears that others were having the same difficulties I had building the
LSB specification, so I shared a short explicit script that downloaded and
installed the necessary RPMs for Redhat Linux.  I just wanted to help jump
start those trying to build the LSB spec.

It is nice that there is an effort to help fix the SGML tools for Unix;
however, that is an orthogonal topic to the immediate need of getting the
LSB spec built in a local sandbox today.

Best regards,

George Kraft IV
gk4@us.ibm.com
512-838-2688; t/l 678-2688