Re: Playing with the spec

>  numbers in the directory structure, hance having the directory
>  structure change with each package upgrade, rather than having things
>  like /usr/share/sgml/jade-1.2.1/?

Suppose you choose to have two versions of the package installed together.
Perhaps you need an older version of one tool due to bugs or you want to be
able to switch stuff around easily.

Having said that I agree with you:

>   /usr/share/sgml/
>         stylesheets/
>         dtds/
>         decls/
>         entities/
>  and let each vendor/distribution handle how individual packages
>  provide the files under each of the directories.

This is what the specification ought to say. These directories might be
symbolic links, they might not but the default package set should not have
version strings.

I don't want my scripts breaking on upgrade