Re: Package System specification

> > And this is a bad thing?  Seriously.  For a vendor to have to ship N
> > different file formats isn't going to look good for Linux.
>
> Seriously: A vendor who is able to package a nice and working rpm, but
> not a Debian-Package shouldn't be trusted in other things, too. Yes, it
> is boring and somehow needless work to do more than one packaging, but
> this is *not* a show-stopper for any real vendor.

Oh how naive.   Often other limits hit, like the fact that some packages
barely fit on a single CD in *one* format.  Sometimes vendors don't have a
choice in how many packages they provide.

--Donnie

--
  Donnie Barnes    http://www.donniebarnes.com    djb@redhat.com    "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879. V.