Re: Thread deficiencies

Perhaps i'm misremembering, but i was under the impression that the
consensus at the LSB spec meeting in New York last month was the
following:

  (1) Specify clone(), in particular because it's used by Apache.

  (2) Put pthreads in an `annex' to the spec, with descriptions of how
      it differs from POSIX.4 (i.e., doesn't work).

Does anyone else have any memory of this, or did i make this up?

--
jim knoble
jmknoble@pobox.com

På 2000-Jan-06 klokka 23:47:36 +0000 skrivet Alan Cox:

: > details.  The question still remains, though ---- what do we specify?
:
: I think Al was right. It is outside the scope of this list. I think we
: have two options