/usr/share/man

As people who were in New York will recall, we (very) briefly
discussed the subject of /usr/share/man on Friday.  I asked Cristian
about this today; he said that he had no desire to switch from
/usr/man to /usr/share/man (if I understood him correctly the
rationale was that Unix has used /usr/man since time immemorial and
although there is a certain logic to /usr/share/man there isn't a
compelling reason to switch).

(feel free to forward this message to fhs-discuss if desired).