Re: /usr/sbin/sendmail specification proposal, draft 4

gk4@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Then is the ultimate goal to create a GNU libmta.so or libmapi.so for
> UNIX/Linux?    Could we note this in the LSB specification that this is
> what is needed for consistency, then create an LSB/GNU todo to have a new
> subproject created?

Why do you need it to be a .so file?  The interface is forking and
execing /usr/sbin/sendmail; no need to encapsulating them in a redundant
layer that noone is currently using.

A libmapi library might sense to simplify Windows porting, but Windows
APIs tend to suck elephants through an itty bitty straw, so I don't know
if we want to do that.

	-hpa