Re: Comments: Draft spec and package format/naming

While I understand the sentiment of the original post on this topic,
I can't agree with it.  When RPM was designed things like package
naming were thought about in great detail.  I'd rather hear what's
*wrong* with the current naming scheme than what's *right* about
your new one.  I don't care much about the extension, but things
like release numbers are important.  Limiting yourself to triplets
is, well, limiting.

--Donnie

--
  Donnie Barnes  http://www.donniebarnes.com  djb@donniebarnes.com  "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879. V.