Re: LSB Commands and Utilities, Draft proposal

Kai Henningsen wrote:

> jkaivo@ndn.net (Jakob 'sparky' Kaivo)  wrote on 29.06.99 in <Pine.LNX.4.04.9906290005560.23778-100000@elijah.nodomainname.net>:
>
> > Printing commands - cancel, lp, lpstat, pr
> > Divergence: These commands are not required by LSB. Instead, the BSD
> > printing commands (lpq, lpr, lprm, lptest, lpc, lpd, lpf, and pac).
> > Rationale: These commands are from the System V style of managing printers.
> > Linux-based operating systems tend to use the BSD family of printing tools.
>
> lprNG contains
>
> /usr/sbin/lpd
> /usr/sbin/lpf
> /usr/sbin/lpbanner
> /usr/sbin/readfilecount
> /usr/sbin/removeoneline
> /usr/sbin/authenticate_pgp
> /usr/sbin/setupauth
> /usr/sbin/lpc
> /usr/bin/lpq
> /usr/bin/lprm
> /usr/bin/lpr
> /usr/bin/checkpc
> /usr/bin/lpraccnt
> /usr/bin/lp
> /usr/bin/lpstat
> /usr/bin/cancel

Not to belabour the point =again=, but what about UNIX98?  Are
we only going to tend towards UNIX98 when it is convenient (which
it would be here since both System V and BSD commands are
available, or are we going to tend in that direction all the time?

As regards BSD v. System V, the Shadow Suite is modelled after
System V ...

-- Julie.