Re: [PROPOSAL] Cron jobs

[Cron skipped. I think other pepople are covering that fairly well]

>  - all scripts must be XPG3 Shell compliant scripts, using a
>    standard location for XPG3 Shell to be determined

And where are you going to get an XPG3 compliant shell.  Does bash have
a mode it can run as an XPG3 compliant shell ?

What about XPG3 compliant utilities - which utilities are you going to
guarantee are present.

(This is a bigger issue than just cron - its one Ive been pondering for
 init scripts and stuff)

>  - do we require anacron in the standard base system?

I dont think so. We require the "crontab" tool or maybe some kind
of cron-add cron-delete wrapper ?

>  - do we use the above system or an "install-cron" program wrapper?

I'd go for a wrapper

Alan