Re: Resolutions to comments on LSB-FHS-TS_SPEC_V1.0

> On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:53:32 -0800 (PST), "H. Peter Anvin" wrote:
> >Given that, it is better to use /var/mail, because the mail inbox
> >directory is *not* a spool (a daemon transshipment point -- the mail
> >*spool* is /var/spool/mqueue.)  Putting it under /var/spool causes
> >disk space management problems.
>
> But mine is. My mail spools there until I collect it via fetchmail. This is
> exactly the process of outgoing mail spooling in /var/spool/mqueue in reverse.

Interesting point of view.  Yes, in that way my mailbox is also a spool file
until I do "inc" (MH), but the difference is that these (fetchmail, inc, etc.)
are human actions that may be done at infrequent intervals, while "classical"
spool files are handled automatically by daemons at frequent intervals.

But you started creating some doubts in my mind, one point for you ;-).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos@xos.nl>