Re: Resolutions to comments on LSB-FHS-TS_SPEC_V1.0

> Right now, /var/mail and /var/spool/mail both suffer the same problem:
> whichever is used, some people need to use the other, hence it is a
> *requirement* that both can be used by programs.
>
> Given that, it is better to use /var/mail, because the mail inbox
> directory is *not* a spool (a daemon transshipment point -- the mail
> *spool* is /var/spool/mqueue.)  Putting it under /var/spool causes
> disk space management problems.

I agree with this.  Furthermore, the fact that most commercial UNIX
systems use /var/mail i.s.o. /var/spool/mail (I think /var/mail was
first described in one of the AT&T SVID's but I didn't check this)
are another serious reason to move to /var/mail.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos@xos.nl>