Re: Anyone working on the rc.d installer problem?

Hi,

On Thu, 5 Nov 1998, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> > We have
> >
> > 0  halt
> > S  single user mode
> > 1  Multiuser, without network
>
> This is very weird... I've never seen a Unix for which single-user
> wasn't runlevel 1; I think RedHat is quite similar to Solaris or IRIX,
> except that for those runlevel 5 is poweroff; I think xdm yes/no is
> handled outside the runlevel mechanism.

I'd like to avoid to start a discussion, why we did it this way or if it's
usefull or so on.  I posted this, to say what we have at the moment.

We're here to fix those problems.  This means that everybody has to make
changes.  This point is obviously one, where we have to change our
distribution.

cu
      ...bs

---
  My tip for this evening: Various: Jazzkantine
---
  Burchard Steinbild <bs@suse.de>
                                                 SuSE GmbH
  Tel: +49-911-74053-0                           Schanzaeckerstr. 10
  Fax: +49-911-7417755                           90443 Nuernberg, Germany