Re: Anyone working on the rc.d installer problem?

> Hi,
>

> On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
>
> > Here's the runlevels which RedHat uses; can someone tell me what the
> > runlevels defined by Debian?
> >
> > # Default runlevel. The runlevels used by RHS are:
> > #   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
> > #   1 - Single user mode
> > #   2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have networking)
> > #   3 - Full multiuser mode
> > #   4 - unused
> > #   5 - X11
> > #   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
>
> We have
>
> 0  halt
> S  single user mode
> 1  Multiuser, without network

This is very weird... I've never seen a Unix for which single-user
wasn't runlevel 1; I think RedHat is quite similar to Solaris or IRIX,
except that for those runlevel 5 is poweroff; I think xdm yes/no is
handled outside the runlevel mechanism.

	-hpa