Re: Anyone working on the rc.d installer problem?

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> 	Is anyone currently working on the rc.d installer problem?  That
> is, how to install rc scripts into different distribution's rc.d
> hierarchies?

Your idea is similar to what I had been thinking about, but I haven't
done any work towards it. Keep going in the direction you are heading.

Can someone summarize the way the non-SysV init stuff works. I haven't
installed a system that uses it. How does it differ from BSD style init?
How are things arbitrarily added to the rc files?

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@metrolink.com

Metro Link Incorporated                          South Carolina Office
4711 North Powerline Road                        105 Fox Ridge Run
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309                   Lexington, SC 29072
voice: 954.938.0283                              voice: 803.951.3630
fax:   954.938.1982                              SkyTel: 800.405.3401
http://www.metrolink.com/