compiler

I'd like to jump ahead a little bit.

It's pretty much given that:

	1) LSB programs will need to be linked against some library
	2) LSB programs will need to be built with some compiler and linker

As distributions will probably want to ship an LSB build environment for
creating highly-portable applications aloing with a build environment
for linking against the latest, LSB-unapproved libraries, we'll need two
build environments on many distributions.

I'd like to propse that building LSB-compliant applications be done with
'lsbcc' as the compile/link command. Distributions that want to ship
a single build environment can just 'ln -s egcs lsbcc' (or whatever) and
be done with it, while this provides a unified method of building lsb-compliant
binaries on any distribution.

Thoughts?

Erik

|       "For the next two hours, VH1 will be filled with foul-mouthed,        |
|          crossdressing Australians. Viewer discretion is advised."          |
|   Linux Application Development  --  http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad    |