Linux and MUMPS (M)

Hi,
   I have been a MUMPS (M) (Post relational Database application ANSI
Standard language) programmer for the last fifteen years and have been using
the Linux OS (Redhat) for the last 2 1/2 years.  Many companies have used
MUMPS for example the VA (Department of Veterans Affairs) uses MUMPS for all
it's patient related databases.  Several Parts companies use MUMPS for
tracking, billing and ordering.  Several big name banks use MUMPS.  MUMPS
currently runs in VMS, SCO Unix, MV, MS-DOS, Windows 95, and Windows NT.  I
feel that one way to help Linux is to port MUMPS to Linux.  There are a
couple of stalled projects out there but what we (MUMPS programmers) need it
some people who feel up to the challange of developing a Database language
from these stalled project or would be willing to start from the ground up.

What I would like to know is are there any people out there who would be
willing to help port the MUMPS (M) development enviroment to Linux?  I am
not a C expert not nor am I a OS expert but I feel that Linux would benifit
with a MUMPS(M) development enviroment.  If you are intrested please contact
me.
Thanks
Bill Ackerman