A few questions

I have been following the LSB-discussions for a while now
and would like to contribute myself to this great project,
at least as a reviewing part. ( If I can bring in more than
that, shall be seen. )

Beside the LSB-web-site, my main sources of information
have been the freshmeat-editorials as well as the news-
archives on the debian web-site.

So far, I have seen two part of the LSB-specification-work:

1) The 'visible' <.../libref.html> part, which as far as
   I understand it, is the bottom-up approach to verify
   that all existing GNU C-Library Version 2-based apps
   will continue to run.

2) The 'accessible' <.../spec/book01.html> part, which again
   as I interpret it, will be base for the future document.
   It's this document ( as of 10/3/1998 ) that I would like
   to ask a couple of questions.

Q1) Chapter 1: Related Standards
   What is the rationale for the choice of related standards ?

   - Is there a reason to use POSIX.1-1990 as the base, and not
     POSIX.1-1995 ?

   - Is there a need to distinguish between SUS.v1 ( UNIX95 )
     and SUS.v2 ( UNIX98 ) ?

   Basically all of the previous is asking for clarification
   about the (internal) priority given to POSIX.1 vs. XPG4 vs.
   SUS.v1/2 ?

Q2) Chapter 6: Libraries
   What is the intention for the structure of this chapter ?
   What information should be given for example in the case
   of <errno.h> or <signal.h>. Does the LSB want to make a
   difference between the ANSI-C subset and the LSB-superset,
   etc. ?

Q3) Chapter 7: Formats and Protocols
   What is the planned highlight for this chapter ?

Q4) Chapter 9: Execution Environment
   What does the FHS2.0 have to do with the execution environment,
   i.e. shouldn't FHS allready be mentioned in chapter 2 ?

Q5) General: What is the planned procedure to come up with a
   first 'official' draft of the LSB-Specification ?

Kind regards,

	Viktor
--
Viktor Ransmayr