RE: [Lsb-appbat] ia32 machine types in nALFS

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

> > <cond type="arch">
> >     <case value="ia32">
> >     </case>
> >     <case value="ia64">
> >     </case>
> >     <default>
> >     </default>
> > </cond>
> >
> > is the more correct choice.  We just have to add the logic to
> > nALFS to choose the right tag matching the value parameter.
> >
> > Dynamically adding xml tags will cause pain, that is not how
> > xml is supposed to work.
>
> This does sound cleaner. Should the last one maybe be

I like it.

> Note that the problem described earlier would still
> exist, unless the logic is extended either to
> recognize <case> in an appropriate way, or provide a
> handler routine for <case> (it doesn't care what
> it does, it just cares that there's a case_main somewhere).

Just make <case> a known element type.

                                Stuart

anderson@freestandards.org                             Free Standards Group
Lead Developer, Written Specification                  Linux Standard Base
1024D/37A79149:                                        0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                       BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149