Re: [Lsb-appbat] ia32 machine types in nALFS

On Tuesday 17 September 2002 07:58, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:

> When nALFS is asked to run an element, it calls an
> internal routine that walks down the tree below
> that, and for each node, if it's "runnable",
> marks it should_run.  If it's not runnable it
> just returns, meaning that whole branch is pruned
> out.  This logic matches the way the different
> node types in the original code were defined.
> The measure of "runnable" is either it's the
> root node, a profile, or an element.  Everything
> else is treated as not runnable - things like
> parameters, comments, and entity declarations.
> The definition of "element" is it has a handler
> routine available.  The <cond> element is fine,
> there's a handler for cond.  However, the
> next step down, the <i686> <ia64> <default>
> tags don't fit any of the above definitions
> of a runnable element, so everything below that
> was skipped - the individual condition cases
> never got run.
>
> So much for bending the design is ways it wasn't
> originally meant to go....

the more I think about this it seems like something like:

<cond type="arch">
    <case value="ia32">
    </case>
    <case value="ia64">
    </case>
    <default>
    </default>
</cond>

is the more correct choice.  We just have to add the logic to nALFS to choose
the right tag matching the value parameter.

Dynamically adding xml tags will cause pain, that is not how xml is supposed
to work.